E-Magazine Process Journal
Week 1= on the last week of April, April 22 I started working on Criteria A (Investigate). In that criterion I worked on completing a set of tasks such as researching (about questions I made about my completing my e-magazine, suitable for my target audiences and the major constraints I should achieve through making my e-magazine). Define the problem (what is currently happening in today’s life that you want to change). Design Brief (what is your product and how your product can solve the defined problem you stated before). The final task I completed in Criteria A is, Design Specifications and Testing Method. For design specifications, I create more than 5 different sentences about what I need to include and do in my e-magazine (it is simply like a criteria). For testing method, I wrote one paragraph about how I can test my e-magazine.
Week 2= on the first week of May, May 1 I started working on Criteria B (Design) and C (Planning). In those two criteria, I worked on completing sets of tasks such as, creating 3 e-magazine designs (I created 3 designs because making 3 can lead me to choosing one best one amongst 3). Then I created a table for cross checking my designs with my design specifications (I chose the first design). While making my design specification I modified the specifications a bit which is, I first wrote my e-magazine should contain 15 pages according to the teacher’s explanation at class, but we forgot that a magazine should contain even number of pages. So we changed to 16 and since it was too much we changed it into 14 pages. For criteria C, I created a Gantt chart for planning my e-magazine. Secondly I created a detailed planning table for making my Gantt chart more detailed. Thirdly I did self-evaluation based on the effectiveness of my planning. The last thing I did to complete my criteria C is, I modified my planning based on my self-evaluation.
Week 3= on the second week of May, May 9 I worked on criteria D (Creating my e-magazine). In that criterion I am working on finishing all my templates in my e-magazine, including my two own pages. The changes I have made when creating my template for my e-magazine is, I changed some of my template’s pictures by adding some details and deleting some details that I have drawn in the A3 paper. I also have made a process journal, which I wrote and took pictures since I was making my designs (the journal is this I am writing). Also in this process journal I am writing, I have included some changes I have made throughout this long journey of making my very own e-magazine.
Steps how I made my E-magazine
- These picture below shows my process how I made my E-magazine step by step. I started working on my e-magazine on the last week of April, and these are the steps how I completed my e-magazine.
- Get your stationaries (ex. Ruler, color pencils, markers, pencils, eraser and what else you need). Then you first need to draw your plan how your template is going to be in an A3 paper. This step is called the design, in this step I took 3 A3 papers and I drew the Front-page template, Content-page template and back-page template. I drew these templates differently according to my target audience’s desire/expectations.
- Draw the designs. The way I drew my designs is first I imagine my parent’s requirements (my target audience’s requirements is, the e-magazine’s template should be a calm, peaceful, soft, gentle and relaxing picture for my target audience to read) and how I could place it as a template for my E-magazine. Then I thought of three ideas, then I drew them one by one. First I sketch it, if it is good I darken the sketches and draw some detail to the sketches with pencil. After drawing with pencil I use marker to trace the lines to make it erase proof. The last thing you need to do to complete the design is you colour it with your colour pencils.
- Draw the designs (Front page, General page and back page)in your laptop. And if you want to earn more points do not take the picture from the internet, instead make it yourself with shapes, lines, connectors and everything you can get from your laptop besides using other’s work. Overall in this step you need to use your own work and knowledge, be creative.
- Post it in Joomag.com. I then posted the pictures/templates of my e-magazine in Joomag.com. I can do this by screen shooting the pictures then add it in a blank document in Joomag.com. Caution, you should only use the templates you made for your e-magazine, if you use the templates provided in Joomag.com your score for the criteria D (create) and Criteria F (attitude towards technology) will drastically go down. Also a mistake that I made during creating my e-magazine is forgetting that I have to add every subjects except Technology. But unfortunately I created the Tech page, I then deleted the page after asking my friends.
The Technology I made which was not supposed to be included
Bibliography for the pics I used in the India page